7 Bamboos RFC offer an exciting role with the Bamboos men’s and women’s teams for the upcoming season.
7 Bamboos RFC is the first-ever RFU-affiliated rugby sevens club, running a women’s and men’s team. This summer we are playing our seventh season, entering 7s, beach and touch tournaments in the South West region.
In order to fulfill our high expectations and provide the best possible environment for all team members, we are aiming to boost our team management board this summer with a dedicated team manager.
As the team manager, you’ll work on a regular basis with our men’s and women’s rugby teams. The role applies mostly for attending the tournament weekends (between May-July) as well as some of the weekly training sessions (depending on your availability) and is a great chance to gain first-hand experience of the exciting environment of modern sports teams. All tournaments are located around the South-West region. Our training facilities are at Shaftesbury Park, home of Dings Crusaders RFC and Bristol Bears Women’s.
· Create tournament previews for our website (on the Friday before the tournament)
· Ensure all team members are accurately briefed about the upcoming tournaments
· Support the events team in the set-up of all required event equipment
· Ensure all players of the team receive their dedicated kit and hand it back at the end of the day
· Take notes during the games
· Post regular updates via social media during the day
· Support the events team in the dismantling of the event equipment at the end of the day
· Great organisational and communication skills
· Very reliable
· Positive attitude towards new people and environments
· Experience in working with a rugby team
· Photography/filming skills
This is an unpaid position, however, we've added a number of attractive benefits to the role such as covering transport costs, free kit, references, food and drinks on the day. Additionally, with this role, other paid work opportunities might evolve.
Please send your resume of your experience via email to us or get in touch with us for any questions.
Job start: ASAP