What is a Satellite Club?
Satellite clubs are managed by sports clubs who deliver knowledge and experience to places where they engage with new audiences. Our coaches work closely alongside the satellite host venue in order to create a new sporting community for young people. At a later stage, satellite club participants are encouraged to discover and explore all areas of modern sports environments by joining our senior development squad.
When and where is it?
Who can join the club?
Anyone aged between 15-17. You don't have to be a Chosen Hill student to join in.
How much is it?
The first 5 sessions are free, after that it is only £2 per session.
· locally based
· open to all young people, not just students from the school
· run regularly (once a week)
· coached by professionals from a hub club
· less formally structured than a community club
· discover and improve in a new sport
· participate with friends in a familiar environment
· learn to gain responsibilities
· multidisciplinary approaches to link existing skills with new skills
· encourage social skills like team sense, empathy and morality
· coaching to inspire and enthuse young people by learning essential character building skills